Sunday, March 7, 2010

Barriers to Entry

Ok so this weekend I discovered some of the hardest barriers that exist between me and my dream of owning and running my own business. Sadly and at the risk of sounding harless and even selfish, my biggest barrier involves what I love even more than the goal outlined in this blog. My Family. I have a 2 year old daughter and a very pregnant and needy wife. In order to support them I have a steady but demanding position with the local electric company.
On top of this I have been diagnosed with high bad cholesterol. Which means that I must include an exercise regimen into my already busy schedule.
I also co-own a 4 unit building and two duplexes with my brother & sister that require my time at least 1 Saturday per month.
But enough with my petty excuses...I need to make time to make this dream a reality. It will take some time to get started and time is currently my biggest barrier to entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment