Friday, March 5, 2010

Why?

OK, so I just saw the movie Julie & Julia and decided to start a blog about a goal that I have always wanted to accomplish but never put my mind to it. You see it all starts with school then college and eventually an MBA, you get a decent job, find the right girl and get married, have beautiful children and have a great life. Now who needs to take risks? Why should i dedicate any time to starting my own business? Well there are lots of reasons:

1. I want to gain financial independence.
2. I want to be my own boss.
3. I want to have my success in my own hands.
4. I want to leave a legacy.

This last one is a bit of a stretch and I know that I can leave a legacy without starting my own business but I feel that a business can help me achieve that goal. My grandfather´s legacy, at least the one that I know of, is his shoe store and how he was able to move to this country at 40 years of age and become a millionaire after loosing everything he had to the communist Cuban regime. And he did this selling shoes!! I definitely don´t have that same entrepreneurial spirit but I feel that I should be able to devise a way of making enough money to support my family on my own, from a business that I develop, where income comes from many sources, not just my employer.

I don´t know exactly what I want to do yet which is why I call this ´Starting A Business - From Scratch´ but I will outline the entire process from deciding on a business idea, through any initial failures until i have a sustainable business that I am proud of and excited to work at every day. So here goes. Hopefully I can get this done before I´m 40. I want to get a head start on Papico - the shoe salesman.

No comments:

Post a Comment