Monday, March 8, 2010

First Contact

Ok so for a very long time now, I´m talking about 8 or 9 years, I have thought about developing some kind of software program to facilitate the management of day care centers. It started while I was studying information Systems at Rutgers University and was living in the attic above my grandmother´s day care. Wonderland Day Care Center has been around since I was born. It has made plenty of money for my granny and I thought that I could develop some kind of software to help manage it. And why not, is technology not the answer to all archaic systems of management? Anyway I never really got around to it but I think that I´ll start now. Even if it is never used and until I come up with a better business idea, I will attempt to develop a software tool that will facilitate the management of child care centers. So I Google ´child care center software´ Yep there is a company out there ´Procare Software´that is all over it. So that´s my competition. I´ll see what there software can do and develop something even better and hopefully market it in a way that provides better value to prospective day care managers.

So First contact was that I walked into a day care today on the way to buying my lunch and asked the manager if they used any software to manage the business. ¨No¨ she said, ¨we use Quick-books.¨ Ok so there is an opportunity to develop something that will help out small day care centers but It seems that the hard part will be convincing them that they can be more efficient with some software and that they will get a return on their investment. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment